Sunday, August 24, 2014

It's all about playing

Hiya peeps!

I have been absent the past couple of weeks.  While I am sure no one really noticed, I did.  I hated it.  I wanted to be here, but my real job has been taking up so much of my energy - physical, mental, psychic - that I took a break.  The bad thing was that instead of putting my real job into perspective and balancing that better, I took a break from what I really want to be doing which is playing in my studio.

So, while I still have much work to do at my real job (which is great, just a bit overwhelming), I am taking a break from it and playing instead.  Awesome!

My study in texture piece now has some work done on the back.  I painted and added fleur de lis.



I don't think I'm done with the back yet, but I like the direction it is headed in.  I'll be sure to share my next steps as they happen!

So, I am on a mission to balance my real job with the things that make me the happiest (spending time with Joe, taking care of my health, arting, reading, writing, and occasionally doing nothing at all).  I'm worth it.  If you are struggling with the same thing, remember you are worth balancing things, too.

In light of my new mission, Joe and I actually went for a walk in this beautiful in-city park yesterday.  It was inspiring to see the gorgeous blues of the sky combined with the deep greens of the foliage and red of the rocks.  The picture hardly does it justice, but it is lovely nonetheless.  I hope you enjoy seeing it as much as I did being there!


I'm off to go play for a while.  Until next time, I hope you find time to play in your lives, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment