Sunday, November 16, 2014

Words and stuff

Hi everyone!

So today I was all about words and stuff (and more words, etc...thank you, Matt, for putting this phrase in my mind!).  Words belonged on my study in texture piece, but I somehow needed to get the words in my mind onto the piece itself.  I had found a template (thank you eBay!) for the font I wanted to use for the words, but was way nervous about trying to letter the words myself (I couldn't use the template on such a bumpy surface, as I wouldn't get enough coverage with paint [or any other medium for that matter] through the template to make the words look right).  Here's the template:





So today I said "what the heck" (well, sort of...this is a "G" rated blog after all :-) ) and just put my marker on the piece and lettered away.  I would eyeball each letter on the template and just copy it to the best of my ability onto the surface.  I used a black marker that has a paint brush-type end on it so it allowed for some flexibility in trying to get the letters written on the bumpy surface.  Here are the results:




While the words are far from perfect, they don't look too bad.  I'm just proud of the fact that I just did it without thinking too much about it.  Yay me!

Now I need to determine how I want to finish this off.  I'm not what I am going to do, but that's okay.  I'll figure it out!

Now I'm off to have some fun words and stuff with my husband to prepare for the week ahead!  Until next time, think about your words and stuff and make them as gentle as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment